UNI EN ISO 14001:2015
Certification of the environmental management system demonstrates a mature awareness of sustainable development and provides “environmentally” credible companies with a competitive advantage in national and international markets.
For Bericah S.p.A., this certification reflects the company’s mission towards the environment and the formal commitment of top management to continuous improvement, adequacy, and dissemination of the environmental management system.
ISO 14001 is the most recognized international standard for environmental management systems.
It is used worldwide. The nature of ISO 14001 allows it to be applied across a range of business sectors, purposes, and activities. It provides a framework through which an organization can achieve improved environmental performance in line with its environmental policy commitments.
The ISO 14001 acronym sets the requirements for an organization’s environmental management system, and its achievement indicates that the certified organization has a management system capable of controlling the environmental impacts of its activities and systematically seeking their improvement in a consistent, effective, and sustainable manner, resulting in cost reduction and resource savings.
- To help organizations establish environmental policy and objectives and understand how significant aspects can be managed, how to implement necessary controls, and establish clear goals to improve environmental performance
- To enable an organization to manage the obligation to comply with applicable legal requirements and other stakeholder obligations and regularly monitor compliance status. This allows for continuous improvement of the management system to enhance environmental performance
- To build and operate an environmental management system within a well-defined and clear framework that is also flexible to meet the needs and expectations of the business
- To provide a tool for improving environmental performance and means to effectively monitor and measure environmental performance
- To facilitate the reduction of pollution, waste generation, and unintentional discharges into the environment. This also includes considering product-related impacts from a life cycle perspective
- To enhance resource management, including energy use, which may also involve reducing the company’s operating costs
- To better meet environmental legal compliance and business requirements
ISO 14001 is designed to be compatible and harmonized with other recognized management system standards, including ISO 9001. Therefore, it is ideal for integration into existing management systems and processes.
Guarda il video-riassunto
di questa pagina